The CONACYT Centers System comprises 27 research institutes covering the main areas of scientific and technological knowledge. They are grouped into three broad areas according to their specialties: Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Technological Development and Innovation and Financing of Graduate Studies.
- Popularizing Science and Technology.
- Innovate in the generation, development, assimilation, and application of knowledge about Science and Technology.
- Linking science and technology in society and the production sector to solve problems
- Create and develop mechanisms and incentives to encourage private sector investment in scientific and technological development.
- Providing students with activities in science, technology and networking to develop their talent.
- Strengthen institutional capacity for scientific, humanistic and technological research.
- To encourage and promote scientific, humanistic and technological knowledge in Mexican society.